Time sheet processing can be a time consuming and a very manual intensive task for large and small companies alike.
Maintaining accuracy and correct data entry are the cornerstone of any payroll system.
Time sheet automation resolves this problem.
If time sheets are not processed in time then quite simply employees don’t get paid. Late salary payments lead to discord and disgruntled employees irrespective of the cause of the problem.
We are creatures of habit and at the end of the month we expect our salary to arrive in our designated bank account!
Manually completed time sheets present the following issues:-
- They are often illegible
- Tea stained, ripped, folded and written on
- My all time favourite from my recruiter days – crumpled like its ready for the bin.
Payroll staff feel under pressure at the best of times and they don’t want to let employees down. However, manual keying can result in errors, it’s human nature after all particularly when under pressure.
How do you automate time sheet processing?
Automating the process makes time sheet processing simpler and faster changing the way time sheets are routed into the payroll department.
- Timesheet automation is triggered by paper copies being converted into electronic scanned images
- Data capture technology with a read success rate of 90% the data is extracted from the scanned images
- Data capture helps a business automate the time consuming and error prone process of manually entering data
- Incorporating a Fax solution also helps you manage the process of electronic fax time sheets
- Document Management automates the record keeping by providing storage, retrieval, data protection and security
- The paper flow is improved by removing the inefficiencies associated with time sheet processing being automatically checked and then pushed to payroll
No system is faultless and there can be a small number of exceptions where documents are illegible when this happens an exceptions queue is created and a person within the organisation will usually be responsible for ensuring these exceptions are managed.
Automating the time sheet process = accuracy = results
- The payroll team can access the electronic time sheets, change and add information or send them back to the member of staff by email for re-presenting
- A captured time sheet that is either incomplete or needs further approval can be emailed back to the sender, moved forward to another part of the organisation or sent to the client for clarification
- Full reporting provides compliance and control
- It eliminates the need for repetitive manual keying of time sheet information
- Query handling time is reduced and exceptions are managed in real time as documents are digitally stored making it easier to find them
- There is no need for physical document storage as time sheets are electronically stored in a digital repository
- Time sheet automation has low ongoing costs and delivers a ROI in just a few months.
Mistakes are drastically reduced and payroll deadlines are met!
The good news is that no company is too small or too large to save money and benefit from this automation